ESABs plasma cutting systems are the industry standard for above and underwater cutting of ferrous and non-ferrous metals. The integration of ESABs m3 plasma, Vision CNC, and bevel systems, allows unequalled control of bevel cutting. Cutting parameters such as speed, kerf, and tilt angles, are automatically adjusted for various material thicknesses and bevel angles, thus greatly simplifying part programming.
Plasma bevel cutting is suitable for material between 1/4 and 1-1/4 inch thick. Parts can be cut with both straight and bevel cuts on the same part. The head can be programmed to change bevel angle on the fly, and rotation is automatically controlled so that the head is always perpendicular to the direction of travel.
Cut Part Bevel Angles: -45 to +45 °
- Torch Position Bevel Angles: -52 to +52 °
- Maximum Material Thickness @ 45 °: 1.25″
- Maximum Vertical Cutting Thickness: 2″
- Bevel Adjustment: Automatic
- Rotation: Automatic
- Rotation Range: +/-540 °
- Angle Setting Accuracy: +/- 1 Degree
- Vertical Lifter Range: 9 inch
- Torch Height Control Accuracy: +/-0.012″
- Maximum Cutting Amperage: 600 Amps
- Beveling at any angle from -45º to +45º (Actual torch angles of +/-52º)
- Beveling “on-the-fly” – interpolates bevel angle changes over one or more motion blocks
- Capable of cutting combination bevels on material up to 1-1/4 inch (31 mm)
- Multi-pass beveling for “Y” and “X” beveling capability
- Magnetic Breakaway crash protection
- Automatic switching between arc voltage or tactile sensor torch height control
- Fully integrated process parameters eliminate the need for the machine operator or programmer to consider changes in feedrate, kerf, torch height, gas flows, etc. as a result of bevel cutting.
- C-axis orthogonal follower
- Heavy-duty stainless steel construction
- “Expert Motion” controller for tilt and rotation axes, connected via field bus to the Vision™ CNC.
- Torch height is controlled within 0.012″ (.30mm) of the plate surface regardless of torch cutting speed or thickness.
- Non-contact initial height sensing system allows the torch to maintain alignment and reduces cycle times.
- Magnetic breakaway provides crash protection even at high speeds.